Why Do I Give CD's Instead of Prints?

I have been asked this question many times before and I need to tell you the justification behind only offering CD's of high resolution images compared to printing services.

Ever notice the prices of a studio session at Walmart or J.C. Penney?  The sitting fee is often less than $10.  So how do these stores make a profit?  They sell the prints for an insane amount of money, and most customers don’t realize that they will probably end up paying $100 or more to get all the prints they want.

If I were to offer printing services for every paying customer, I would have to charge as much as my competitors. Therefore, I would be ripping you off, completely. By offering a CD of high resolution photos, you are able to select from an array of portraiture. I give you the element of choice which, in the long run, is more worth my time and your budget.

When you book a session at a studio, you are limited. You are being enticed by great prices without the foundation of what you'll be paying in the future. By working with me, you will then be able to print the photos as you please.

Don't say it's going to cost more, because it's not. By taking your photos to another small business who provides excellent printing services (I will list my sponsors in the the near future) you are actually saving money.

Still doesn't make sense? You walk into a studio that offers the complete package without listing all printing prices up front. Great, you spend $10-20 for a sitting. But what about the trickery behind getting the images that you want? You end up paying nearly $200 just for those images on a basic package. By paying me for my time and a referred service for their printing, you are saving, anywhere from, $50-150.

This entry was posted on Monday, July 9, 2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply